Kinesis | Trouble Shooting

Im currently working on AWS KINESIS and thought I will document all the issue I'm facing


  1. When running consumer.py - I got 
            SEVERE: Failed to start client executable
            java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "/bla/bla/bla/my_aws/mySample_kcl_app.py": error=2, No such file or directory

SOLUTION:

This is what I found
  • you can have absolute path or relative it doesnt matter.
  • it is not necessary to set the PATH if you are using absolute path
  • if you had use the (consumer)sample.py as a template, then fix the shebang (ie.. origina sample.py had #!env python... It is for this the KCL lib threw the error file or directory not found. change this to the actual python path like (#!/usr/bin/env python). Then the file or folder not found error is gone.

Comments

lavanya said…
Hi Venkat,

Am also facing this similar kind of issue.

I need some one help on the below issue.

I am insalling MFP domain on Vertual machine using install.sh script, but it is falling with the below error.

/home/lavanya/Desktop/Lavanya/Mfp/CDROM/mfpretail/build.xml:220: Execute failed: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "/home/lavanya/Desktop/Lavanya/mfprtl/make_domain.mfpretail" (in directory "/home/lavanya/Desktop/Lavanya/mfprtl"): error=2, No such file or directory


220 line in Build.xml:




Here install.name is mfpretail

This install.sh script copies fails and directories from source to destination directory and also it builds Mfp domain.

My destination directory contains make_domain.mfpretail file and it has full access. But for some reason install.sh script is not recognizing make_domain.mfpretail file on my destination directory and it is failing with the above specified error.

Please any one can help me to resolve this issue.

Popular posts from this blog

Tableau - Accessing Tableau's DB

react-bootstrap-table | header column alignment fix

Tableau : Convert ESRI shapes into Tableau Format